Tuesday 8 January 2013

Onwards and upwards

The first book is published, and I understand that the second book is often harder than the first to write. The book I read for inspiration is Ernest Hemingway's A Moveable Feast. In a letter to L H Brague Jr in 1959 he wrote I like to write. But it has never gotten any easier to do and you can't expect it to if you try for something better than you can do. If a Nobel prize winner for literature finds it difficult then I can't expect otherwise. But I agree with Hemingway that it makes you feel good.

The good thing about Hemingway is he liked his cats. I have two moggies. One of them has aspirations to be a writer, and loves to add a paragraph or two of gibberish when he's walking across the keyboard. Could be his prose is worth a fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment